LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS
* Australia is expected to allow quarantine-free travel into at least four states for fully vaccinated international arrivals before Christmas.
* Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has dismissed criticism of new laws tabled in state parliament on Tuesday, that will strip the state's chief health officer of the power to enforce pandemic restrictions.
* South Australia will scrap isolation requirements for overseas and domestic travellers with two coronavirus jabs when the state reaches 90 per cent immunisation coverage.
* Queensland regional centres and Indigenous communities will face COVID-19 restrictions if they don't reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate by the time the borders reopen, expected before December 17.
* The majority of COVID-19 cases reported in NSW are now being diagnosed in the regions and smaller cities, rather than in Sydney where the Delta outbreak first took hold.
* Mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines will be "inevitable" when booster shots are made available to the general public, according to infectious diseases expert Peter Collignon.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 34,600,572 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Monday, including 235,622 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 20,226,428 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 161,525 in the previous 24 hours).
* 19,182,521 have been issued in primary care (+159,207) and 1,043,907 in aged and disability facilities (+2845).
* 14,374,144 have been administered by the states and territories, including 74,097 in the previous 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 1764 local cases on Tuesday: 1510 in Victoria, 282 in NSW, two in Queensland and 12 in the ACT.
* There were two overseas-acquired infections in NSW.
* The national death toll is 1650: Victoria 1052 (+4), NSW 559 (+1), Tasmania 13, ACT 8, WA 9, Queensland 7 and SA 4. Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 244,060,374
* Deaths: at least 4,954,574
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 6,833,701,467
Data current as at 1730 AEDT on October 26, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press