* South Australia has opened its border to Victoria and reported no new COVID-19 cases connected to its 33-strong Parafield outbreak. But one new earlier case of COVID-19 was reported in SA - a returned traveller who had been in hotel quarantine and since been released.
* Queensland has opened its border to all of NSW and Victoria for the first time in almost four months, with about 6000 people flying north on Tuesday. No new COVID-19 cases were recorded in the Sunshine State.
* Western Australia has announced it will reopen its border to Victoria and NSW on December 8, provided neither state has a COVID-19 outbreak before that date. WA will soon be open to all states except South Australia.
* WA recorded three new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, all in returned overseas travellers in hotel quarantine.
* Tasmania will drop border restrictions with South Australia from Thursday, meaning the island state will soon be open to all of Australia.
* Victoria has recorded its 32nd straight day without a new COVID-19 case but a woman in her 20s is isolating at home after "indeterminate" test results. Her first result was a weak positive and her second was negative.
* NSW recorded its 24th consecutive day without a locally-acquired COVID-19 case, but uncovered five cases in overseas travellers in hotel quarantine.
* NSW eased COVID-19-related restrictions on Tuesday, with up to 50 people permitted for outdoor gatherings, including in back yards. Up to 30 people are recommended for indoor gatherings. Indoor hospitality venues up to 200 square metres in size can now host one person per two square metres.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were nine new cases recorded in Australia on Tuesday - eight overseas travellers in hotel quarantine and one old case in South Australia.
* The national death toll is 908: Victoria 820, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 63,589,000
* Deaths: at least 1,473,000
* Recovered: at least 43,985,243
Data current as of 1800 AEDT December 1, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.
Australian Associated Press