Due to the Australian Government's restrictions introduced to minimise the impact of COVID-19, Greater Hume's Customer Service Offices will close to the public from 5pm Friday, March, 27 until further notice.
Council staff will continue working at each office to ensure essential community services are continued to be provided. However, the offices will not be open to members of the public for face to face inquiries.
The closures impact Council offices in Henty, Culcairn, Holbrook and Jindera.
"I want to reassure the community that staff will still be available and Council encourages residents to utilise a range of online options, or have your enquirer dealt with over the phone" said Greater Hume general manager, Steven Pinnuck.
Residents can still contact Council by the following means:
- Phoning 02 6036 0100 or 1300 653 538, 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (public holidays excluded).
- Email Council firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a Customer Action Request via the Council website greaterhume.nsw.gov.au.
- Make appointments with staff to deal with inquiries by phoning or emailing.
- Rates and water payments can be processed via: BPay, Council's website or online banking with anyone unable to pay using other methods, is also asked to contact Council by phone
Meanwhile, Centrelink and Service NSW facilities are no longer available in Greater Hume Council offices.
Payment of Development Applications, Construction Certificates, Plumbing Approvals, Complying Development Applications, Building Certificates, Swimming Pool Certificates, etc. can be processed via: (02) 6036 0100 and lodged electronically to email@example.com or mailed to PO Box 99, Holbrook 2644
For all other services not available on council's website, please call (02) 6036 0100 for assistance.